Tuesday 18 March 2014

March Update

It's been a slow month since I last wrote. I've not been very well, fighting off an infection and eating far too much. My skin is a disaster zone and I've been really trying to drink more water and to eat more fruits and vegetables to help it. I'm hoping that now the weather has turned a bit warmer and sunnier that it will improve my skin.

I've been slightly obsessed by food while I've been trying to diet. No further weight loss to report but neither have I gained any weight so I'm really happy about that. In the attempts to help my skin, I've been trying to "eat the rainbow" - eating fruits and vegetables of all different colours, not just your typical greens.

I've been really inspired by a couple of cooking shows recently and I've been cooking alot more. I did get a bit lazy earlier this year and relied quite alot on ready prepared foods and packaged foods and, gulp, fast food. But, The Hairy Bikers' Asian Adventure and Mary Berry Cooks have been great shows and I've tried a couple of recipes already.

It's also really inspiring me to go to Asia and explore all these places that I've never been to before. Well, anywhere really. I'd love to go on holiday, but the age old question of where and who to go with stands in the way. Loads of people I know have gone away skiing and snowboarding, and while I love doing that too, I think I need a hot holiday!! Although then I really would have to stick to the diet to get ready for the beach and the dreaded bikini!

Happy eating and watching, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment