Sunday 5 January 2014

My Latest Lust - Pixi Glow Tonic

Following on from yesterday's posts, I thought I'd share with you something that I did manage to purchase - Pixi Glow Tonic. First of all, I just want to say that by no means am I an expert in skincare or beauty products. I know my own skin type and what suits it, and I have been through many brands and products through trial and error. I'm not being paid or endorsed to blog about this.


Anyway, back to the Glow Tonic. I first discovered this in September 2013 and have been using this for about 3 months, once a day in the evening. The instructions say you can use it twice a day but I found that was a little too much for my skin so I just use it before I go to bed. This product is an exfoliating tonic, and contains Glycolic acid that loosens the dead skin cells. It feels so much gentler on my skin than using abrasive exfoliating scrubs.

The benefits of this product have been raved about on numerous other beauty blogs, which I avidly read before purchasing my first bottle (as said before, I like to do my research before spending money on expensive products) and this caused a huge demand for it. Luckily, I live in London so getting to the one and only Pixi shop is not out of reach. I really do dislike the fact that some people capitalise on this and are selling this on eBay and suchlike, for overly inflated prices.

The exciting news is that the Glow Tonic, and other Pixi products, are now available to buy online! So hopefully this will help everyone have access to these products!

A few thoughts on this - for anyone who has purchased this before, they have now changed the bottle that it comes in from the pump dispenser to a screw on cap. The quantity is still the same though, 250ml for £16. If you like the original pump dispenser (some people do not like the way it squirts out the product and thus causes wastage) then keep the old bottle and you can fill it up from the new bottle. The product is also slightly more red in colour than the old pale yellow tonic - I asked the sales assistant about this and she said that it's just a new batch of stock but exactly the same ingredients.

I used the new bottle last night and am pleased to report that it doesn't feel any different to the old one.

The reason why I went to buy this now, and not when my old bottle is finished, is because there is a 20% off discount code from Caroline Hirons' blog - beauty industry guru who gave a big thumbs up to this product. The code is valid until the 12th January 2014. Unfortunately, at the time of writing the Glow Tonic is listed as out of stock on the website, but when I was in the shop the sales assistant told me that they have a huge backorder which they are trying to mail out. If you want to order one before the promotion ends, I'd recommend ordering over the telephone - you might just have to wait for a few days for it to be posted out to you.

I'm super happy to have bought this as I really like this - at only £16 it's a fraction of what you'd pay for other similar items, but with the added 20% off it's a complete steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment